Skip to main content

tv   The Ingraham Angle  FOX News  August 12, 2019 7:00pm-8:00pm PDT

7:00 pm
prison guard had all this forced overtime but they were all corrections officers. all right trace, thank you. we will never be the destroyed trunk media mob, we will be the other side, hold those accountable, investigate investigators. let not your heart be troubled, jason chaffetz is filling in for laura. tucker is off, everybody is off this week and hannity has to work? >> jason: please, take some time off, i'd love it. >> sean: unlike the sucker that comes in every night and takes very little vacation. what's wrong with me? >> jason: and you do the radio for three hours and you do this for three hours, nobody can keep up with you. the at >> sean: i love our country, we are at a tipping point. this will go on forever. mark my words. >> we have trey gowdy, and of
7:01 pm
course trey gowdy is on. this guy owes me. he owes me and i'm going to milk that for everything that it's worth. have a good show. >> jason: i'm jason chaffetz and for laura ingraham and this i"the ingraham angle" from washington. after two weeks there's no sign that the democratic fanatics and the liberal media has calling trump racist and former house oversight chairman trey gowdy is here with who fired peter strzok. you will want to hear this, nobody has heard it before. plus new questions tonight about how millionaire jeffrey epstein died, and it could it have been prevented? sounds like there's some breaking news that trace gallagher also has that we will be getting into later in the show. former department of justice officials are here to weigh in
7:02 pm
and also high school tennis star suing over religious discrimination. her father is here for a "the ingraham angle" exclusive. but it's been two weeks and counting and if you thought the democrats would tone down a vicious race baiting, think again. it all started earlier this month when president trump tweeted about the city of baltimore's downfall. despite what residents told our guests last week. >> i wanted to say things like that. what do you think about what's being said it? >> it's sad but it's true. >> this time it's very high. >> after the two recent mass shootings in el paso and dayton, democrats went into overdrive
7:03 pm
trying to tie the trump administration to the tragedies. they didn't stop over the weekend. >> we have a president with a toxic tong who is publicly and unapologetically embraced the political strategy of heat, racism and division. >> is a racist. that's always been in the background. >> is encouraging not just racism but the violence that follows. >> someone in the white house seems to have racist sentiment. the one joining me to respond is south carolina senator tim scott. i had the pleasure of serving with senator scott in the congress, i appreciate you joining me tonight. when you hear that montage and also see the residence there in baltimore, what runs through your mind? what your perspective? >> senator scott: there is no doubt that president trump is not a racist in the facts are very simple.
7:04 pm
without any question, if you look at his legacy it will be has accomplishments in office frankly helping in many, many ways. african-americans think about the fact that we've all heard how low the african-american unemployment is, the lowest recorded in the history of the country. but more importantly, a racist would never talk about criminal justice reform and how they disproportionately help african-american men. he would never hear a racist talk about opportunity zones and how they came onboard at full throttle because he wanted to help poor or disadvantaged communities and most of them consistently african-american and, you never hear a racist talk about providing more research authority and th more
7:05 pm
resources towards the sickle cell and anemia. and yet president trump signed that legislation. what you do smell -- not here, but smell, is fear. you smell fear on the left. they've been using the race card every time there's a presidential run. here john mccain come racist. mitt romney, racist. why do they continue to find that narrative? they understand the lowest common denominator and politics is fear and division. president trump has been able to deliver policies that have promoted, encouraged and inspired growth in the african-american community economically in a way that no president has done in the last 40 years. this president is not a racist. >> this is my concern. whenever they get into trouble, this is what they yell.
7:06 pm
listen to what donald trump had to say on this topic. >> president trump: i think it shows how desperate the democrats are. that's all they used. to anybody. they called nancy pelosi a racist, she's not a racist. they call anybody a racist when they run out of cards. >> jason: the president, is he right on that? >> senator scott: i think it speaks again to that lowest common denominator and if you are running on the left, iran on a 4% while tax and a financial transaction tax, no. what else would you run on? you would run on some tired narrative that the president, because he's a republican, has to be somehow a racist. it's inconsistent with reality, it's a different dimension that i don't understand and frankly the more you use the concept of
7:07 pm
racism, the more we grow fatigue in this country and that's a terrible place for us to be. the greatest threat by over using racism is when there is an actual challenge, you cried wolf in the wilderness. one time too many. >> jason: this is horrific and i'm almost embarrassed to show you but there was a radio show host out in kentucky. running for attorney general, and if you look at the quote here, he says my suggestion to mr. k cameron is to stop eating the flakes the white house is serving. there's been no backlash, i've never heard of them going after him. and they said a couple of thin things.
7:08 pm
you have not heard a single democrat presidential candidate speak out even an iota against these absolute vile comments about daniel cameron. and three, we are going to consistently prove why trump voters voted for me in south carolina, daniel cameron in the republican primary in kentucky, marco rubio in florida and thank god that the democrat campaign platform lid so huge victory in 2020. i won't say congratulations yet, but we are getting really close. thank god the democrats have nothing else to run on. >> jason: up in michigan, james is even running -- b3 exactly. lots of americans running for office this time. now you are not going to run again. you aren't supposed to say yes so early. he's going to run one more time
7:09 pm
and then not run again. but you aren't supposed to say that. >> senator scott: once again promises made and promises kept. they can have confidence, when i told them i was going to run for two full terms, i'm going to honor that commitment. i have enjoyed and when i make the promise, sweeping up the streets and eliminating the vow of poverty. whatever you guys do, i want to know. i want to figure out what it looks like on the other side but not quite yet. >> jason: stick in there as long as you can, it was an honor serving with you. >> senator scott: it was an honor serving with you. >> jason: now to the escalating attacks on president trump.
7:10 pm
here's how kamala harris characterized last week's ice i. raids in mississippi. >> this is the administration's campaign of terror which is to make whole populations of people afraid to go to work. children are afraid to go to school for fear that when they come home their parents will not be there. >> jason: here to respond as matt schlapp, chairman of the american consumer and her and dennis kucinich, i had a chance to serve with you and the congress as well. cpac had an event down in australia. >> yes, cpac australia. >> we appreciate you being here tonight. kamala harris, senator harris is talking about this campaign of terror. now how often -- are they going
7:11 pm
to clean this every single week, terror and racism every single time we turn around? >> i think senator scott who we also serve with, he made a good point when we talked about the overuse of the work because it starts to lose meaning. what i would like to see is for my democratic friends to start to say, we are going to address disparities in housing, education and housing and jobs to the extent that they exist. in that way we start to define what we stand for. using the kind of criticism that has come forward, there is a point at which people just see it as hyperbole and politics instead of going to the deeper conditions that people have to deal with the neighborhood. they want to make a connection to the real lives, not just rhetoric. >> jason: i thought senator scott made a really good point trying to say, if you claim this all the time he gets watered down and doesn't mean as
7:12 pm
much. >> if everything is racism, one we really have disgusting and gross racism, we don't get the attention of the american people. this isn't just about republicans though. it's a lot about republicans but it's about nancy pelosi going against the squad with the color. it's about joe biden and it's about all of the top staffers who were fired because it wasn't diverse enough. when he think about people as a group and not as the talents they have as an individual, you have a huge problem. that's not an american ideal. review people on the individual merits, not the group they are in. this is a big thing that we have to address and let me tell you coming back from australia, this won't shock you. it's not just about donald trump. we are also also transfixed, any
7:13 pm
politician around the globe who stands up, they are immediately called racist. they are called fascist, they are called bigots. anti-vase all over the globe going after these people and i saw it firsthand so we got to stop this. >> jason: i look at the comments that senator harris and senator warren made about michael brown and calling that of murder, they are not doing anything to actually calm the tension because -- i have to move on but vice president biden, he has a treasure trove when it comes to making gaps. >> poor kids are just as bright and just as talented as white kids. international leaders spoke about it. you have people like margaret thatcher, and germany.
7:14 pm
>> he was not the vice president. people may speak, i misspeak. most people have done this. how can the democrats actually survive week in and week out, almost daily? this is the leader of the democratic party this point. >> full disclosure, i've known joe biden. when you are in this moment as a candidate, it is possible that with all the experience that you have, and he has more than anybody in the race, that you could get signals crossed. i still think that he's a very strong candidate and i haven't declared for anyone, i want to make that clear. that's going to wear on the
7:15 pm
democratic regulars who are currently supporting him. >> you have to know your strengths and weaknesses, and he just needs to read that cute card and stick with it. the other thing is to weave these two topics together. joe biden's leading these polls because he continues to get outstanding support from african-americans in the democratic party. for the precautions he's taking, the idea that you can crackdown on illegal immigration, i think it's very questionable as to whether or not he hold on for that african-american support and doesn't flip to the other candidates. >> if you are right up there at the top of the spot, it's not necessarily likely that you will get the nomination. >> with 20 candidates in the race -- >> and may be more.
7:16 pm
>> he's bringing the spirit into this. >> you know what, we need a spiritual perspective in our politics. >> well he's got some spiritual perspective. coming up, what everyone is missing about anti-trump fbi official peter strzok. trey gowdy is here with the facts and exclusive insight, next. stay with us. >> and your testimony as bob mueller did not kick you off because of context? >> kicked me off because of bias and i don't appreciate what was originally said being changed. >> i don't care what you appreciate. with shipsticks.com makes it fast & easy to get to your golf destination. with just a few clicks or a phone call, we'll pick up and deliver your clubs on-time, guaranteed, for as low as $39.99.
7:17 pm
shipsticks.com saves you time and money. make it simple. make it ship sticks.
7:18 pm
7:19 pm
the one we have exclusive new details tonight about former fbi agent peter strzok's lawsuit over his firing. he infamously sent a number of anti-trump text to his girl friend and lover lisa page during the russia investigation and was ultimately let go. last week, he filed a lawsuit claiming he was fired up "as a result of unrelenting pressure from president trump and his political allies in congress and the media which included "constant tweets and other disparaging statements by the
7:20 pm
president, as well as direct appeals from the president and then attorney general jefferson sessions and fbi director christopher wray. joining me now is trey gowdy. and fox news contributor. i had the pleasure and honor of serving with mr. gaudi throughout my time in congress and i like the spectacle that you have going on now. we are expecting something dramatic with your hair or your suit but i love the glasses and i'm glad that you could join us here tonight. >> mick mulvaney told me that glasses make you look smarter but i don't think this works for either one of us. >> jason: thank you so much for joining us here. you are one of the few people, you and john radcliffe who have read the unredacted version of the so-called three oh two, you have peter strzok who was fired
7:21 pm
because the president was tweeting about him but what's a reality about how and why he was fired? >> member he said he was fired because he was exercising his constitutional right to free speech but he also offered to accept a 60 day demotion. he offered to take a cut in pay and he expressed a profound remorse. so you don't express profound remorse for exit sizing constitutionally protected right and you don't agree to a 60 day suspension, a cut in pay and a demotion if you haven't done anything wrong. so that's what he did. who fired him? it wasn't any of the people he sued ironically enough, it was the deputy director of the fbi. it was david bowditch. he's a career fbi guy, not a political appointee. let me give you a flavor of his background. he was a local cop that became a bureau agent, he was a s.w.a.t.
7:22 pm
team guy and this is what he did when he was in the piro. he investigated street gangs in los angeles like the bloods and the crips. he investigated exit can drug cartels and a group called hells angels. not "charlie's angels," hells angels. i don't think a guy who has done that for his entire career in law enforcement is going to be intimidated by a tweet or two from anybody and that's who made the decision to fire peter strzok. >> jason: these are actually found on his government issued phones and, as i recall it was michael horowitz who is the inspector general who had to engage the pentagon to develop the algorithm because the fbi said they couldn't find these texts. but sure enough they went to the pentagon, develop the algorithm and they did magically get the text. >> i think horowitz found some of them and then there was a gap where it was missing. he's done a fantastic job and i
7:23 pm
see with the suicide of jeffrey epstein or the apparent suicide, and he has more work on his hands. he was a straight shooter and he did find him, he does deserve credit for that. but if it weren't for horowitz, we would never know the person leading the russia investigation had an historic level of animus toward the people he claims to be dispassionately investigati investigating. >> jason: i want to move on to bruce ohr. he was the associate deputy attorney general and director of the department of justice organized crime and drug enforcement task force. that's his title. but why would he be involved and engaged in any proximity to trump, russia and the probe that -- it makes no sense.
7:24 pm
>> i don't know, let me think. it couldn't be because his wife was working for fusio fusion gp? i read those three oh two's several years ago. i'm just as stunned. i used to work for the department of justice and i hold it in very high regard. but you have an fbi source who was defrocked. he was let go because he couldn't follow the rules and, by the way he was desperate to keep donald trump from becoming the president. they got rid of him and they canned him, legitimately so. then he finds a willing conduit of information. that's christopher steele. he can't talk to the barrel anymore so he talks to a senior level doj official, and it's unheard of. first of all, imagine a local cop or local informant or source who was let go because they are
7:25 pm
biased and they can't follow the rules? you wouldn't want them on any kind of case and much less an investigation like this. but bruce ohr carried this information to doj and put himself in the chain of custody which is unheard of for a prosecutor. i'm stunned when i read the articles but i knew about it a year ago so i guess my level of stunned has dissipated. >> jason: and nellie ohr is 1 of 20 employees at fusion gps. and you could no longer do business with mr. steele but this timeline is such that they continue to do business together. >> right, but why? they have a source that they can't keep as a source.
7:26 pm
the punishment is, you are no longer a source. the punishment is not you get your information to the doj another way, it doesn't work that way. >> jerry nadler has caused a lot of confusion on a lot of fronts. but the idea is, is this impeachment or is it not impeachment? is it formal impeachment or informal impeachment, which is it? >> i would have me do you wear a tuxedo and set up shirt. what is informal impeachment? you have some really charismatic politicians, and he will be in trouble in the next election cycle so he's trying to -- nobody is falling for this
7:27 pm
formal versus and formal impeachment. you will win in the house and lose in front of the jury, go ahead and do it. but there is no such thing as informal impeachment. >> i love that. just don't wear a tie. >> thank you so much. we appreciate you being here. up next, new details and the death of jeffrey epstein. more about that when we come back.
7:28 pm
7:29 pm
7:30 pm
>> jason: attorney general bill barr today is promising to get answers about my kids child sex trafficker who apparently committed suicide less than 24 hours after prosecutors unsealed a trove of documents, in his case alleged sexual abu sexual abuse, allegations against prominent financiers and businessmen. trace gallagher is live with the late-breaking details. >> this is the same jail that without incident house the likes of monster john gotti, and drug kingpin el chapo and yet sex offender jeffrey epstein had two incidences, one of them was fatal. that's why attorney general bill barr said this. watch. >> i was appalled and indeed the
7:31 pm
whole department was, and frankly, angry, to learn of the ncc's failure to adequately secure this prisoner. >> jason: are reporting shows a series of missteps beginning on july 23rd. epstein said he was beaten up but the injuries were treated as self-inflicted and epstein was placed on suicide watch. after psychiatric assessments and pressure from the attorneys, the watch was listed and epstein was placed in the special housing unit with a cellmate. which is policy. but for unknown reasons, the cellmate transferred out so for an amount of time epstein was alone. prior to being found unresponsive, epstein hadn't been checked for several hours. the union that represents prison guards blames understaffing saying the two guards on duty
7:32 pm
were working overtime and the associated press says one wasn't even officially a prison guard, there is no surveillance cameras in or outside of epstein cell and our corporate cousin "the new york post" says that jeffrey epstein hanged himself with the bedsheet tied to to the top bunk. even though the autopsy is complete, results are pending because in medical examiner apparently needs more information. thank you for that, and late-breaking news, one of these people evidently wasn't even and former fbi special agent in charge. and, bob driscoll, former assistant attorney general for
7:33 pm
one of the two people there wasn't even a full official guard. it was just an employee. what does that tell you? everything seems a little bit too convenient here and nothing adds up in this case. what's your take on this? >> i will tell you in having investigated cases before for the fbi involving crimes in the federal prison, this policy is in place and systems, having somebody, there's no way it could be an exception. the fbi will look at everything that was done in the policy is in place, what was violated, and people will be held accountable. >> jason: do we really believe they'll bob that people will be held accountable? i was chairman of the oversight committee in the last thing that i saw happen with people being
7:34 pm
held accountable. >> when i was in the government at doj, we would come down on a state or county jail. it's a little bit embarrassing for the department to have their own hero of prisons involved in something like this which i think is why attorney general barr came out pretty strong his statement. i think -- it depends on what you consider being held accountable. something like this should not happen, this is not a three cell lockup. this is where the united states government puts its highest profile prisoners awaiting trial in new york, and this is an identified suicide risk. there's no way this should happen. >> jason: i talked to a former u.s. attorney, and people who
7:35 pm
make decisions within the department of jerk corrections, they don't give a hoot when the defense attorney says we will take them off of suicide watch, then they magically say we take him off suicide watch because he wants to be. nobody is buying that. >> obviously there had to be some serious legal maneuvers. that problem doesn't go away overnight. most of these guys who have committed these types of offenses know that their life is going to be terrible. they are not even going to be liked by the other prisoners. most of them consider suicide at one point or another but i and my career had multiple subjects kill themselves rather than be taken into custody. it's unusual why he was not on suicide watch. >> jason: i don't know if that is true but, there's something like only one other person in a
7:36 pm
period of decades that had actually been successful in committing suicide at this particular facility. they are not going to have somebody who is just a couple weeks ago either self-inflicted or trying to commit suicide suddenly in a cell by himself with no video, without the actual correction officers, and not checking for hours with materials that would allow him to hang himself off of a bunk bed. are you kidding me? >> this is what is so inexplicable about it. there are the suicide gowns that you can give prisoners that are made out of material that you can't hang yourself with. there are cells that you could have where there is literally no place you can string something, there are things that can be done. it has to be if they weren't followed. the attorneys couldn't have had
7:37 pm
that much of an influence. i represent maria butina no, an alleged russian spy. i had many conversations when she was incarcerated and she still is. you are the defense attorney, and they understand that and they are going to do with they think is best for the prisoner. just in my example, her first six weeks in d.c. jail, she was checked every 15 minutes, 24 hours a day, to the point where she couldn't sleep. >> and her story is a story for another night. what can they do at this point, what will they be able to have access to and as they gathered all this information or is this something that conveniently they take a long time to do? >> the fbi is very thorough. they've artie started information, they've interviewed
7:38 pm
many of the people already but they are going to talk to everyone. they will look at the evidence and they have photographs to examine the scene. they will be there for the autopsy and the actual room when it's being done as well as have the autopsy records. nothing will be left unaddressed because we don't want this to ever happen, not just in this location but every federal facility throughout the country. >> jason: what's a reasonable time, when should we actually see this. when should we actually see this? >> i would say a matter of weeks. the government moved slowly but this is a very discreet situation. we are talking about a small number of guards who had access to him that night, a small number of guards that would have been responsible. you interview those people, determine whether or not they were followed, but i don't see what would take an incredible amount of time in this.
7:39 pm
there is no reason for whoever was dispatched to do this can't come to a conclusion within a number of weeks and then write it up. >> this will be in the hands of our inspector general horowitz. this is totally inexcusable. horace cooper and leo terrel are here next to debate with uncontrolled moderate-to-severe eczema, or atopic dermatitis, you feel like you're itching all the time. and you never know how your skin will look. because deep within your skin an overly sensitive immune system could be the cause. so help heal your skin from within, with dupixent. dupixent is not a steroid, and it continuously treats your eczema even when you can't see it.
7:40 pm
at 16 weeks, nearly four times more patients taking dupixent saw clear or almost clear skin compared to those not taking it, and patients saw a significant reduction in itch. do not use if you are allergic to dupixent. serious allergic reactions can occur, including anaphylaxis, a severe reaction. tell your doctor if you have new or worsening eye problems, including eye pain or changes in vision. if you are taking asthma medicines, do not change or stop your asthma medicine without talking to your doctor. help heal your skin from within. ask your eczema specialist about dupixent.
7:41 pm
7:42 pm
>> every year a bunch of elite kidnappers -- and they hunt us for sport. >> that horrible movie will not be coming to a theater near you anytime soon. nbc universal announcing over the weekend that they are pulling the plug on the film about liberal elites hunting deplorable's for sport. the ingraham angle first expose the left wing fetish film last week. >> this sounds like something that should have already been pulled from production. >> consider the cultural impact of a movie like this, that you should kill your political adversaries. universal should kill this movie, it will inspire more
7:43 pm
hate. >> that's good for laura and raymond. here now is horace cooper, cochairman of project 21 and leo terrel, civil rights attorney. and it, i'm glad to see the universal to. that's on the writers and producers and say let's just talk to a small segment of the american society and have this idea of a murder fetish. it wasn't going to make any money and it's never going to make any money and it's a sign that hollywood is i have of ideas. it's kind of pitiful when you think about it. when they're really good ideas and credible ideas that could
7:44 pm
have been put forward. do you remember the movie deliverance? that was a movie in which we took people from eight particular geographic location and then took other people and mix them in and then had an intense, amazing movie. this isn't anything like that. it's a good thing they decided to pull it because at least now the money they have spent, they won't waste anymore time. >> donald trump in general, not about this film but hollywood. >> hollywood is really terrible, you talk about racist, hollywood is racist. what they are doing with the kind of movies they are putting out, it's actually very dangerous for our country. what hollywood is doing is a tremendous disservice to our country. >> do you buy into that, it's donald trump right on this one?
7:45 pm
>> absolutely. and that's what i'm hearing. let me be very clear. the movie has been pulled for a variety of reasons. my point is this. let hollywood decide what they are going to show the american public. this expression of free ideas, let it continue in hollywood. there is no censorship. the government hasn't said anything. government hasn't in any way interfered with this piece of junk coming forward to. common sense has prevailed, and
7:46 pm
instead -- >> isn't president trump part of the government? >> he hasn't denied any rights, he hasn't had anyone arrested. this piece, -- hollywood has a right to make a movie. hollywood has the right to make a movie so what's the big deal. because the president doesn't like it? >> i have a right -- >> leo, the universal is spending i don't know how many billions of dollars, they are going to go out and kill these people. now ultimately universal made the right decision but if it wasn't for laura ingraham and the mother's drawing attention to them i think they would have
7:47 pm
put that out here. >> i think the timing of the shooting in el paso, texas, was a motivating factor. has anyone commented on the similarly situated movie death wish, and collateral damage? >> no doubt about it. if you don't think it has any effect and what he believes with the impact, argues, when he started getting after violence -- >> now you are a hollywood producer now. why do people lose their right as a citizen to comment on these movies that are violent, and -- yes. they have a right to bring out
7:48 pm
to the american people and we have a right to stand up and s say, we don't like it. if you think a movie about killing deplorable's is good, i've got to get both of you to weigh in here on al sharpton. watch this video. >> this is a well respected member of congress. >> you are just a hustler. >> is he a hustler? the citizen there that approached him called him a hustler. >> let me be very clear here. you report and the people decide to. 91% of african-americans are going to vote him out of office.
7:49 pm
>> i don't buy that at all. those are facts. >> it's not a fact. it's a small portion of people, it's not a fact. and al not so sharpton got a chance for the american people, many of the people he claims to speak for, and they told him the truth. they called him out as a poverty he is. >> this man has done little to nothing. that has nothing to do -- i have to ended right here. gentlemen, thank you so much, and we will see if that turns
7:50 pm
out to be true. you are going to want to see it here. your father is here for the exclusive and to share the story tonight. en we'll be there. saving you time for what you love most. >> kids: whoa! >> kids vo: ♪ safelite repair, safelite replace ♪
7:51 pm
4 out of 5 people who have a stroke, their first symptom... is a stroke. 80 percent of all strokes and heart disease? preventable. and 149 dollars is all it takes to get screened and help take control of your health. we're life line screening... and if you're over 50... call this number, to schedule an appointment... for five painless screenings that go beyond regular check-ups. we use ultrasound technology to literally look inside your arteries... for plaque which builds up as you age- and increases your risk for stroke and cardiovascular disease. and by getting them through this package, you're saving over 50%. so call today and consider these numbers: for just $149 you'll receive five screenings
7:52 pm
that could reveal what your body isn't telling you. i'm gonna tell you that was the best $150 i ever spent in my life. life line screening. the power of prevention. call now to learn more. >> jason: high school tennis star joelle chong is taking
7:53 pm
washington state's athletic league to court. accusing them of religious discrimination. she says they violated her religious liberty by refusing to reschedule the state tennis championship from saturday which is the sabbath for seventh-day adventist to a different day. joining us is joelle's father and joseph davis, the family attorney. i also wanted to note that your son is a sophomore and is also involved with the suit. joelle must be an amazing tennis player because she was undefeated for the entire year. but why did you ultimately decide to file the suit? >> are you asking me? okay. well, i felt like wia was discriminating against our children based on her religious beliefs. joelle went undefeated her senior year and was expected to make it to the state
7:54 pm
championship tournament, but changing the day off of saturday was one request, but the other main request was to let her play until the sabbath became an issue and then let her withdraw. but wia said you can't do that, if you can't finish the whole tournament, then you can't finish any of it. so she didn't get to play in any of the postseason play. >> the attorney here, my understanding is there have been alterations made in tenant and golf. what's unique about this? >> they've gone a long way to accommodate religious beliefs in other sports, and they have also accommodated people who get sick or injured in the middle of the tournament. as paul said part of what makes this a striking case is how unnecessary the association's actions were. they could've allowed joelle to play up until the point when
7:55 pm
they would have been a sabbath conflict, and let them step up and play in their place. that's exactly what they do it when they get sick or injured over the course of the postseason. >> so paul, what is your guests? why did they deny your daughter the ability to start the tournament let alone finish the tournament. she probably would have won the tournament but she wasn't even allowed to start because of religious beliefs. >> there reasoning is it wouldn't be fair for people eliminating people along the w way. >> jason: what's the lesson, what is the lesson that joelle is learning and what your message to other people that are going through this? >> you know, joelle wanted to stand up for her religious beliefs.
7:56 pm
she wanted to help her team, and her commitment to god is more important than playing tennis. she was disappointed that she couldn't help the team but she shouldn't have to choose between religion and playing tennis. >> my understanding is she even had to escape her graduation. thank you both for joining us. we will be right back.
7:57 pm
7:58 pm
7:59 pm
>> jason: that's all the time we have tonight. i am jason chaffetz, in for laura ingraham. jesse watters will be hosting tomorrow night. and be sure to pick up or at least preorder a copy of my new book called power grab, the
8:00 pm
liberal screen to undermine trump, and the republic. they also want to make changes in 2020. shannon bream and the "fox news at night" team, take it from here. >> shannon: jason, thank you very much. tonight federal prosecutors are setting their sights on any possible coconspirators who enabled wealthy financier jeffrey epstein. in what authorities say was rampant sexual abuse of underage girls. fbi agents are searching the grounds of his u.s. virgin islands home right now for clues as we continued to get information about what really happened in his jail cell this weekend. and a new move on immigration and the critics immediately announced they are taking a president to court. what the administration says about immigrants taking care of themselves. and it later, we will take you to the streets of hong

25 Views

info Stream Only

Uploaded by TV Archive on